Friday 13 January 2012

The 40th Birthday Card ( number 1)

I have a lot of 40th birthdays this month including my husbands, and they are all male !!!! so where to go for a great images to use on men's cards bugaboo stamps of course. This one has been made for our friend Chris.


I have used Gus for this card and coloured him in with spectrum noir pens and added glossy accents to his glasses, he has been matt and layered on t different colour card stock and then stuck on some retro paper ( from DCWV ) I think, I have then just added 2 buttons with string and a couple of sentiments, the circular one being a freebie from the very talented Netty. 
Sorry about poor photo quality it was getting dark x

I would like to enter it into the following challenges,
Whimsy Stamps Challenge Blog - Happy Birthday
Lexi's Creations - Anything Goes

thanks for popping by Jo xx

3 comments:

Glenda Atkins said...

Oh I do love the Gus character and I use him on many of my masculine cards I make for my hubby. I just get a chuckle when I look at him. Love your card with that fabulous paper and the button with the tied string. Thanks for joining the Challenge at Lexi's Creations this week@

valen said...

What a lovely and fun card! Love this stamp I also have stamps with this guy Gus! I didn´t made a card yet but love to when I see yours =) Thank you for joining us at Lexis Creations. Tineke

Jo said...

great fun card, fab image and love what you've done with him!Thanks for joining us at Lexi's this time and good luck!
Jo x

blog background