Sunday 26 January 2014

The In This House Canvas

I have seen a lot of these canvas's around and really wanted to make one in a colour way that would suit our hallway, I finally got round to making one over the Christmas Holidays,


To create it I used a suede canvas that I picked up a car boot sale and painted over it with a dulux tester pot, I then just added all different types of acrylic paint onto the canvas using different mediums (bubble wrap, mesh, and natural sponges) until I got the look I wanted.

I then covered the canvas in modge podge and cut out the lettering on my craft robo,  The phrase I used is a cutting file from the silhouette store,once the lettering was in place  I  applied another coat of modge podge to seal it and its now hanging in our hallway. 

(sorry about the photo it was taken on my phone)

Thanks for popping by Jo xx

No comments:

blog background